The Annual General Meeting of the Eastern Region Rowing Council will take place on 25th November at 7.30pm.
The Meeting will take place at City of Cambridge Rowing Club, Kimberley Rd, Cambridge CB4 1HJ and also online. If you wish to attend virtually please request a link.
The following papers are available for download – further papers to be uploaded as they become available:
Notice of Meeting (includes list of Officers)
- Andrew Blit is resigning as Chair of the Regional Rowing Council after 7 years in the role.
- Eastern Region has three Regional Representatives as Members of British Rowing as defined in the Governance Handbook. These roles each have 3 year terms and the current term of Seb Walker has expired. Stella Isaac has resigned from her position owing to a change in her circumstances.
- Nominations are therefore invited for Chair and for two Regional Representatives from affiliated clubs and events in the Eastern Regional. Should there be more than two nominations for each role an election will take place and votes allocated as follows:
- Each Affiliated Member of British Rowing in the Region shall have one vote.
- A Regional Representative shall be a member of a Club within the Region they are to represent.
- Nominations should be forwarded to Andrew Blit, Chair, Eastern Region Rowing Council (email@example.com) by 5.00pm on Friday 11th November 2022 using the forms attached. If more than one candidate is nominated, voting papers will be sent to all organisations concerned.
- Those elected as Representatives are entitled to vote at Annual General Meetings, or Extraordinary General Meetings of British Rowing Ltd as a Regional Representative.
- No Regional Representative may be appointed for more than three consecutive terms of office. The terms are effective from 1st January 2023.