JIRR 2023 – Eastern Region Trials

JIRR 2023 – Eastern Region Trials


Due to very high water in the Peterborough rowing lake with the strong possibility of further rises and gusting wind, the Organising Committee has made the difficult decision to cancel the regional trials that were due to take place tomorrow (Sunday 12th March).

Following consultation with the region, it has been decided to offer a full refund for all entries made. Expenses were inevitably incurred in planning this event, but due to some generous suppliers (including RaceLeader, Medical Water Safety and Landmark toilets) these were kept to a minimum and we should be able to recoup them in the future.

Revised Selection Arrangements

Following the forced cancellation of the planned selection event at Peterborough on Sunday 12th March, the following document explains how the selection process will move forward.  

Due to the time of year with major head races and the Easter Holidays/Training camps fast approaching it is not viable to run another on-water selection event between now and close of JIRR Entries on 7th April.

Due to this cancellation the plan now is to gather as much information as possible about the rowers and crews that would have entered. The team manager would like to request the following;

  • 1000m Free Rate Ergo Test Score
  • 250m Free Rate Ergo Test Score
  • On-water racing results (From 22/23 season only please)
  • Video of crew (Optional)
  • Other information

The plan now is to select the strongest crews that we can using the parameters listed above. Clubs are asked to only identify one crew per event from their original entered trials crews. 

Results will be considered from all previous head races this season as well as the upcoming SHORR, Cambridge Champs Head, Scullery Head and Bedford Fours/Small Boats Head.

If you collect any video footage of your rower/crew training or at rate please do send to easternjirr@gmail.com. It really does help to see your crews in action.

We will be sending round a Submission sheet to all coaches who entered crews on BROE later on Sunday 19th March and request a completion by Monday 3rd April to allow time to notify selected crews and enter them into JIRR.

We will use this information to make selection as best we can. It will be a most difficult decision and is far from satisfactory, something that the Team Manager appreciates.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Craig on this email.

At the start