The Sport and Recreation Alliance is running a virtual learning event hosted by Sport Birmingham which is open to all clubs and organisations.
“Sport Birmingham would like to invite sports organisations, local sports clubs and community groups to join us for Part 3 of our Virtual Learning & Networking event series: ‘Planning for the future: building a successful & resilient community organisation’.
The event will offer the opportunity to discuss some of the ‘big issues’ raised by sports clubs and community groups when planning for the future, such as how to be financially resilient despite diminishing local resources and capacity.
The sessions will cover the following:
- What does financial resilience / sustainability look like for your organisation?
- What do the future staff and volunteer needs look like for your organisation?
- How organisations can make good use of resources / expertise (other than just funding) to keep operations running
- Exploring how to share resources creatively e.g. working in partnership with others
Guest speakers will be on hand to answer questions and offer insights, along with organisations who will share their recent success stories while working in partnership with others.
Format of the sessions:
- Welcome and overview
- Summary of the latest funding and development opportunities
- Guest speaker introductions: presenting their area of expertise and answering questions posed by delegates
- Feedback and close
There are two sessions available, taking place over Zoom on:
· Tuesday 8th September: 3pm – 4.30pm
· Wednesday 9th September: 10.30am – 12pm
To reserve a place on your preferred date, please go here. https://www.sportbirmingham.org/events/2020/09/virtual-learning-networking-sessions-part-3-planning-for-the-future-building-a-successful-resilient-community-organisation